Main Hall Activities
Our “Birding Headquarters” will be located at the Arcata Community Center During the Spring Festival
We welcome everyone to visit Godwit Days’ vendor hall and indoor events at the Arcata Community Center – 321 Martin Luther King Jr. Parkway, Arcata, CA 95521. Free admission.
Come down and see:
- Vendors Booths – artists, scopes & binoculars, non-profit organizations, government agencies, and more.
- Art show/gallery by Arcata Artisans
- Student Bird Art & Nature Writing Contest entries on display (awards Sat Apr 21, 10:30 a.m.)
- Silent auction (opens 3 p.m. Friday & closes Saturday 6:30 p.m.)
- Family nature crafts sponsored by Friends of the Arcata Marsh (Saturday 11 a.m. – 1 p.m.)
- 6th Annual Humboldt County Bird of the Year Award presentation, sponsored by Fowlerope Birding Tours and tomleskiw.com, Saturday 6:45pm
The Main Hall will be open to the public:
- Friday, April 19th, 3:00-8:00 p.m. (Opening lectures to include: Spotlight Organization – Western Hemisphere Shorebird Reserve Network; & Keynote Speaker Noah Strycker 6:30 – 8:00 p.m.)
- Saturday, April 20th, 10:00 a.m.-7:00 p.m. (Bird of The Year awards and Keynote Lecture Peter Marra $10 without paid registration 7:00-8:00 p.m.)
- Sunday, April 21st, 10:00 a.m.-3:00 p.m.
- Los Bagels will have breakfast choices inside the Community Center 6 -9 am Fri, Sat, & Sun.
- Taqueria La Barca mobile food vendor will have lunch choices in the community Center parking lot 11 a.m. – 2 p.m. Fri, Sat & possibly Sunday
The Registration Room will be open to the public:
- Friday, April 19th, 3:00 p.m. – 6:30 p.m.
- Saturday, April 20th, 9 a.m. – 7 p.m.
- Sunday, April 21st, 9 a.m. – 1 p.m.
The silent auction will be set up in the main hall, open to the public. People are welcome to start making bids at 5:00 p.m. on Friday, April 19th, during the Opening Reception. The silent auction will close at 6:30 p.m. sharp Saturday, April 20th just before the Bird of The Year and Keynote Speaker presentation. Winners will be able to collect and pay for their items for a short time immediately before the Keynote presentation or the following morning in the Registration Room, items must be picked up before 1pm Sunday April 21st or other arrangements made.