Main Hall Activities
Our “Birding Headquarters” will be located at the Arcata Community Center During the Spring Festival Weekend April 17 – 19, 2020, with field trips Wednesday through Tuesday meeting there as well.
We welcome everyone to visit Godwit Days’ vendor hall at the Arcata Community Center – 321 Martin Luther King Jr. Parkway, Arcata, CA 95521. Free admission Saturday 10 a.m. to 5 p.m. and Sunday 10 a.m. to 3 p.m.
Come down and see:
- Vendors Booths – artists, optics, hand made products, books, non-profit organizations, government agencies, and more.
- Art show/gallery by Arcata Artisans
- Student Bird Art & Nature Writing Contest entries on display (awards Sat Apr 18, 10:30 a.m.)
- Silent auction (opens Friday 3:00 p.m. & closes Saturday 7:00 p.m.)
- Family nature crafts sponsored by Friends of the Arcata Marsh (Saturday 11:00 a.m. – 1:00 p.m.)
- Live hands-on animals with Nature Joe’s (Saturday and Sunday 11:00 a.m. – 3:00 p.m.)
- Elisa’s Gourmet Service will have lunch choices inside the Community Center Saturday & Sunday.
- 7th Annual Humboldt County Bird of the Year Award presentation, sponsored by Fowlerope Birding Tours and tomleskiw.com, Saturday 6:45 p.m.
Presentations included with registration:
- Friday, April 17th, 3:00-7:45 p.m. Welcome and Keynote Lecture 1 to include: Mayor Welcome, Spotlight Organization – Northcoast Regional Land Trust; & Keynote Speaker Stuart Mackenzie
- Saturday, April 18th, 10:00 a.m.-7:00 p.m. Keynote Lecture Richard Prum $10 without paid registration 7:00-7:45 p.m.
The Registration & Merchandise Room will be open to the public:
- Friday, April 17th, 3:00 p.m. – 6:30 p.m.
- Saturday, April 18th, 9:00 a.m. – 7:00 p.m.
- Sunday, April 19th, 9:00 a.m. – 1:00 p.m.
The silent auction full of quality products will be set up in the main hall, open to the public. People are welcome to start making bids at 3:00 p.m. on Friday, April 17th. The silent auction will close at 7 p.m. sharp on Saturday just before the Keynote talk. Winners will be able to collect and pay for their items after the Keynote talk or any time before 3 p.m. Sunday in the Registration Room. Be sure to leave a phone number as winners not present at the closing time will be called with the notification.